This is an up-to-date CV, kept here for convenience. Use your browser's print feature (and print to PDF where available) to get a "hard" copy.
- Adaptable between multiple modern JS frameworks
- Experience working with Agile practices
- Working with various forms of codebase testing
- Requirement gathering
- Strong collaborative skills
- Developing and interacting with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Node.js microservices
Starting as the only frontend focussed developer, I have continued development of Lickd's core Platform SPA, providing deeper CMS integration for easier content maintenance and playing a key role in scaling the Platform's user discovery features and the team developing it.
- Auditing, overhauling and improving registration and checkout journeys
- Integrating a headless CMS to allow non-technical staff to maintain key platform user journeys without technical intervention
- Implementing a Creator Dashboard system and foundational work for user personalisation
- Developing and managing the staggered release of a major site rebrand and content re-organisation
- Introducing Atomic Design methodology and reusability into the codebase
- Establishing project process practices within the team
As sole web developer at Derivitec, a company offering a risk management solution for derivative assets, I managed the migration and implementation of our cloud based platform's web app, website relaunch and various API integrations.
- Implemented dependency management and bundling step into legacy .NET codebase
- Introduced a staged, in-place migration from legacy frontend to Vue.js SPA
- Integrated platform API into a Microsoft Excel plugin, enabling clients to access live data and calculations within the software
- Relaunched the company marketing site, using pre-render builds to improve compatibility, SEO and performance
- Investigated and began implementation (currently ongoing) of a big data solution to allow for interactive, in-app data interrogation
- Experience with optimising for and handling large datasets in the frontend
At CoInvestor, a fintech start-up to manage alternative assets, I developed and maintained the AngularJS SPA as part of, and later a lead in, a six-person development team.
- Introduced modern best practices to the codebase, improving scalability to cope with large datasets
- Considerably improved development environment for team
- Planned and led initial development of in-place migration between Angular.js and React
- Implemented unit testing for core codebase
- Experience working with highly sensitive personal and financial data, implementing security/access controls
- Created PDF generation microservice using AWS Lambda functions
As part of my role, I was responsible for the management of multiple concurrent web projects and a ten-person development team.
- Providing support to university web publishers through training and discussion
- Implementing new workflows and tooling to improve efficiency and quality of work produced
- Managing and assisting developers, designers and support staff
- Mentoring placement student engineers
- Introducing modern technologies to improve our clients' user experience
- Decision making requiring an understanding of business requirements, web development and inter-team and inter-department communications
- Competitor and vendor analysis, requirements gathering and management of others for organisation wide CMS implementation.
During my placement year, I developed and provided ongoing updates of bespoke client sites within a 25-person team.
- Developing and maintaining corporate sites for FTSE100 clients
- Collaborating with a development team of 25 developers
- Producing high quality work on tight deadlines
- Handling sensitive financial figures
- Developing rich experiences compatible with legacy users with progressive enhancement
- Led development of a cross-departmental project for the financial and sustainability reports of a large client
- Management of several freelancers, delegating sections of the development work, providing guidance where necessary
- Quality assurance before handing the work back to the client manager
- Built and presented several time-saving, organisation systems for the entire company
As a developer in the Web Solutions team, I worked within a team producing client-editable, public facing websites for departments and researchers across the University, while providing on-demand support to the publishers that maintained them.
- Implemented new workflows and organisational patterns to improve team communication and efficiency
- Introduced new modern web technologies to improve codebase while maintaining legacy browser support
- Developed reusable, client editable UX components in an in-house, PHP based content management system
- Worked with others to develop internal and external sites based on client requirements
- Provision of on-demand technical and UX support for over 500 web publishers
- Led workshops for complex Dreamweaver and web best practice concepts for beginner participants
I've provided freelance web development and consultancy for a wide variety of projects, where I've been responsible for an entire project's lifecycle and follow-on support. Client's have included the Cutty Sark museum and Canterbury Christ Church University.
- Provision of solutions for a wide variety of organisations, accommodating pre-existing workflows
- Management and undertaking of the full project lifecycle
- Providing a constant line of communication with the client
- Working remotely and as part of a team
- Site refresh of an e-commerce site
- Achieved a first-class honours
- Led multiple group projects throughout degree
- Took management module as part of the course
- Adapted to a variety of programming languages and styles
- Explored computer-related law and ethics as part of chosen module
- .NET Core
- Lambda functions